Senior Living in 11788 (Hauppauge, NY)
- 11788 scores the same as the Hauppauge, NY average of 79.
- 11788 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11788 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Catherine Of Siena Hospital, St Catherine Of Siena Med Ctr, and Pilgrim Psychiatric Center.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including Creative Retirement Planning, Arbors, and The Arbors at Hauppauge.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 209 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Club, Stonebridge Golf Links & Country Club, and Gull Haven Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Blydenburgh County Park, Caleb Smith State Park, and Connetquot River State Park.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Calvary Lutheran Church, St Thomas More Rc Church, and Hauppauge Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,608, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,949, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,279, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.04%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11788 has a dense population density of 1,955.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.17%.