Senior Living in 11794 (Stony Brook, NY)
- 11794 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Stony Brook, NY.
- 11794 scores lower than the Stony Brook, NY average of 70.
- 11794 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11794 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (University Hospital ( Stony Brook ) and University Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Long Island State Veterans Home, Mills Pond Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including St. George\'s Golf & Country Club, Nissequogue Golf Course, and Ponds at Lake Grove, The.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Temple Isaiah and Church On the Sound).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has a per capita income of $3,966, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.63%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11794 has a very dense population density of 11,593.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.