Senior Living in 11796 (West Sayville, NY)
- 11796 scores the same as the West Sayville, NY average of 78.
- 11796 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11796 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Maple Rest Home, Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center, and Good Samaritan Nursing Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including West Sayville Golf Course, Island Hills Golf Club, and Blue/White Course at Timber Point Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Heckscher State Park, Connetquot River State Park, and Fire Island National Seashore.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Gospel Community Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Ann\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,557, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,631, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,787, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.89%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11796 has a dense population density of 2,978.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.22%.