Senior Living in 11798 (Wyandanch, NY)
- 11798 scores the same as the Wyandanch, NY average of 74.
- 11798 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11798 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Sagamore Children\'s Psych Ctr, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, and South Oaks Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Huntington Hills Center For Health and Rehab, Brookview Commons, and Berkshire Nursing and Rehab.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 296 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Huntington Crescent Club, Bergen Point Golf Club, and Lakes/Pines Course at Colonial Springs Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Bethpage State Park)..
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Miraculous Medal, First Baptist Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,156, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,125, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,823, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.65%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11798 has a dense population density of 3,219.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.19%.