Senior Living in 11901 (Riverhead, NY)
- 11901 scores the same as the Riverhead, NY average of 67.
- 11901 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11901 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Peconic Bay Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Retirement Programming Ltd, Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Riverhead Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Long Island National Golf Course, Links Course at Cherry Creek Golf Links, and Indian Island Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (The Big Duck and Wildwood State Park).
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Old Steeple Community Church, Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, and St Isidore\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,897, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,438, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,056, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.70%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11901 has a sparse population density of 492.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.35%.