Senior Living in 11934 (Center Moriches, NY)
- 11934 scores the same as the Center Moriches, NY average of 65.
- 11934 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11934 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Oasis Rehabilitation and Nursing, South Bay Adult Home, and Westhampton Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Championship Course at Links at Shirley, The, Swan Lake Golf Club, and Rock Hill Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park & Children\'s Zoo, Cupsogue County Park, and Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Lamb\'s Chapel, St John the Evangelist Roman, and Center Moriches Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,233, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $97,727, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,965, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.52%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11934 has a dense population density of 1,553.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.03%.