Senior Living in 11941 (Eastport, NY)
- 11941 scores the same as the Eastport, NY average of 78.
- 11941 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11941 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Westhampton Care Center, Oasis Rehabilitation and Nursing, and South Bay Adult Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Hampton Hills Golf & Country Club, Westhampton Country Club, and Swan Lake Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park & Children\'s Zoo, Cupsogue County Park, and The Big Duck.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Eastport Bible Church, St Mark\'s Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,433, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,625, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,070, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.89%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11941 has an average population density of 808.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.97%.