Senior Living in 11946 (Hampton Bays, NY)
- 11946 scores the same as the Hampton Bays, NY average of 62.
- 11946 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11946 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Retirement Programming Ltd, The Hamptons Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, and Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Quogue Field Club, National Golf Links of America, and Shinnecock Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (The Big Duck)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, Christ Our Saviour Lutheran, and Roca De Salvation of Assembly.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,513, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,218, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,604, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.87%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11946 has an average population density of 1,043.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.86%.