Senior Living in 11949 (Manorville, NY)
- 11949 scores the same as the Manorville, NY average of 73.
- 11949 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11949 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Oasis Rehabilitation and Nursing, South Bay Adult Home, and Westhampton Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Swan Lake Golf Club, Rock Hill Golf & Country Club, and Pine Hills Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park & Children\'s Zoo, Brookhaven State Park, and Cupsogue County Park.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Center Moriches Methodist Chr, Lamb\'s Chapel, and St John the Evangelist Roman.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,804, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $100,245, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,462, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.46%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11949 has a sparse population density of 422.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.34%.