Senior Living in 11951 (Mastic Beach, NY)
- 11951 scores the same as the Mastic Beach, NY average of 62.
- 11951 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11951 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including South Bay Adult Home, Oasis Rehabilitation and Nursing, and Bellhaven Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Championship Course at Links at Shirley, The, Bellport Country Club, and Swan Lake Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge, Smith Point County Park, and Smith Point Bridge.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Bayview Baptist Church, Grace Lutheran Church, and St Jude\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,947, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,563, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,917, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.01%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11951 has a dense population density of 2,041.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.52%.