Senior Living in 11956 (New Suffolk, NY)
- 11956 scores the same as the New Suffolk, NY average of 81.
- 11956 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11956 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Southampton Hospital and Peconic Bay Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including The Hamptons Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Colonial Village at Southold, and San Simeon By The Sound Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (53% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Cedars Golf Club, North Fork Country Club, and National Golf Links of America.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Conscience Point National Wildlife Refuge, Elizabeth A. Morton National Wildlife Refuge, and Horton Point Lighthouse.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Cutchogue United Methodist Chr, Sacred Heart Church, and Our Lady-Ostrabama Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,026, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,688, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,590, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.33%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11956 has a sparse population density of 275.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.39%.