Senior Living in 11968 (Southampton, NY)
- 11968 scores the same as the Southampton, NY average of 67.
- 11968 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11968 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southampton Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (The Hamptons Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing).
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including National Golf Links of America, Southampton Golf Club, and Shinnecock Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Conscience Point National Wildlife Refuge and Elizabeth A. Morton National Wildlife Refuge).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Our Lady of Poland Rc Church, and Arnold Robert H.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $158,127, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,415, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $61,603, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11968 has a sparse population density of 434.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.27%.