Senior Living in 12008 (Alplaus, NY)
- 12008 scores the same as the Alplaus, NY average of 85.
- 12008 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12008 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Ellis Hospital, Sunnyview Hospital And Rehabilitation Center, and Conifer Park.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Holiday at The Atrium, Pathways Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Glendale Nursing Hom.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Mohawk River Country Club, First Nine Course at Edison Club, The, and East Course at Mohawk Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Hewitt\'s Garden Center Inc, Collins Park, and Central Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including New Hope Gospel Fellowship, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,951, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,632, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,614, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12008 has an average population density of 598.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.17%.