Senior Living in 12009 (Altamont, NY)
- 12009 scores the same as the Altamont, NY average of 82.
- 12009 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12009 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Clare\'s Hosp Of Schenectady).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Guilderland Center Rehabilitation and E C F, Our Lady of Mercy Life Center, and Atria Guilderland.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Orchard Creek Golf Club, French\'s Hollow Fairways, and Colonie Golf & Country Club.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including Emma Treadwell Thacher Nature Center, John Boyd Thacher State Park, and Tawasentha Park.
- There are 129 churches nearby, including St Joseph Marian Center, Altamont Reformed Church Schl, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,902, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,146, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,337, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12009 has a sparse population density of 137.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.17%.