Senior Living in 12010 (Amsterdam, NY)
- 12010 scores the same as the Amsterdam, NY average of 62.
- 12010 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12010 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Mary\'s Hospital At Amsterdam and Amsterdam Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Wilkinson Residential Health Care Facility, River Ridge Living Center, and Capstone Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course, Antlers Country Club, and Galway Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Plotter Kill Nature Preserve)..
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Calvary Reformed Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,352, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,154, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,484, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.75%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12010 has a sparse population density of 221.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.69%.