Senior Living in 12015 (Athens, NY)
- 12015 scores the same as the Athens, NY average of 78.
- 12015 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12015 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Home Sweet Home of Athens, Greenport Manor, and The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Island\'s End Golf & Country Club, Catskill Golf Club, and Columbia Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hudson River Islands, Olana State Historic Site, and Martin Van Buren National Historic Site.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Ward Henry J, First Baptist Church, and Slater James H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,959, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,353, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,805, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.62%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12015 has a sparse population density of 225.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.48%.