Senior Living in 12018 (Averill Park, NY)
- 12018 scores the same as the Averill Park, NY average of 74.
- 12018 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12018 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Samaritan Hospital and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Ludder\'s Country Home, Moran Home, and St. Jude Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Burden Lake Country Club, Country Club of Troy, The, and Brunswick Greens.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Cherry Plain State Park and Dyken Pond Environmental Center).
- There are 34 churches nearby, including St Henrys Church, Church of the Covenant, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,793, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,232, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,604, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.18%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12018 has a sparse population density of 178.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.80%.