Senior Living in 12020 (Ballston Spa, NY)
- 12020 scores the same as the Ballston Spa, NY average of 66.
- 12020 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12020 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Saratoga Center For Rehab and Skilled Nursing Care, Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home, and Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Ballston Spa Country Club, Pioneer Hills Golf Course, and Championship Course at Eagle Crest Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Shenantaha Creek Park, Saratoga Lake Marine Park, and Congress Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Hope Church, and Christ Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,051, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,854, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,205, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.60%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12020 has a sparse population density of 414.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.45%.