Senior Living in 12022 (Berlin, NY)
- 12022 scores the same as the Berlin, NY average of 69.
- 12022 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12022 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, and Laurel Ridge Senior Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Taconic Golf Club, Waubeeka Golf Links, and Skyline Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Cherry Plain State Park, Taconic Golf Club, and Dyken Pond Environmental Center.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Shiloh Assembly of God, First Cong Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,751, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,583, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,753, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12022 has a very sparse population density of 28.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.62%.