Senior Living in 12023 (Berne, NY)
- 12023 scores the same as the Berne, NY average of 66.
- 12023 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12023 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Van Allers Adult Home and Guilderland Center Rehabilitation and E C F)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Orchard Creek Golf Club, Albany Country Club, and Colonie Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including E.N. Huyck Preserve, Emma Treadwell Thacher Nature Center, and John Boyd Thacher State Park.
- There are 39 churches nearby, including First Reformed Church of Berne, Evangel Church, and Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,046, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,893, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,575, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.31%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12023 has a very sparse population density of 38.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.30%.