Senior Living in 12029 (Canaan, NY)
- 12029 scores the same as the Canaan, NY average of 79.
- 12029 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12029 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Berkshire Medical Center Inc and Austen Riggs Center).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Springside Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, Epoch Assisted Living at Melbourne, and Devonshire Estates.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Pittsfield, Berkshire Hills Country Club, and General Electric Athletic Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Berkshire Community College and Berkshire Botanical Gardens).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,922, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,859, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,751, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.00%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12029 has a very sparse population density of 55.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.66%.