Senior Living in 12032 (Caroga Lake, NY)
- 12032 scores the same as the Caroga Lake, NY average of 69.
- 12032 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12032 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nathan Littauer Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Fulton Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Nathan Littauer Hospital Nursing Home, and Pineview Commons.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Pine Brook Golf Club, Holland Meadows Golf Course, and Kingsboro Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Crystal Grove Diamond Mine and Campground)..
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Fit Happens, African Methodist Episcopal, and Kingsboro Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,614, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,583, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,799, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.68%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12032 has a very sparse population density of 9.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.44%.