Senior Living in 12033 (Castleton On Hudson, NY)
- 12033 scores the same as the Castleton On Hudson, NY average of 81.
- 12033 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12033 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Albany Medical Center Hospital, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverside Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Eddy Alzheimer\'s Center at Hawthorne Ridge, and Eddy Senior Living.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 46 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 146 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including The Green Country Club, Private Course at Evergreen Country Club, and Pheasant Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Schodack Island State Park, Lafayette Park, and Townsend Park.
- There are 168 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St Paul\'s United Methodist, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,440, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,361, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,226, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.45%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12033 has a sparse population density of 291.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.43%.