Senior Living in 12040 (Cherry Plain, NY)
- 12040 scores the same as the Cherry Plain, NY average of 77.
- 12040 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12040 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, and Laurel Ridge Senior Residence.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Skyline Country Club, Waubeeka Golf Links, and Taconic Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Cherry Plain State Park, Dyken Pond Environmental Center, and Taconic Golf Club.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Shiloh Assembly of God, First Cong Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,789, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,375, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,756, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12040 has a very sparse population density of 86.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.