Senior Living in 12041 (Clarksville, NY)
- 12041 scores the same as the Clarksville, NY average of 75.
- 12041 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12041 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including NRP National Retirement Partners, Capital District Ddos, and Atria Delmar Place.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Normanside Country Club, Skene Valley Country Club, and Colonie Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, Cornell Cooperative Extension, and John Boyd Thacher State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Clarksville Comm Reformed Chr, Jerusalem Reformed Church, and Jerusalem Reformed Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,216, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,844, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,110, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12041 has a sparse population density of 304.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.95%.