Senior Living in 12047 (Cohoes, NY)
- 12047 scores the same as the Cohoes, NY average of 71.
- 12047 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12047 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Eddy Village Green, Millview of Latham, and Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Van Schaick Island Country Club, Mill Road Acres Golf Course, and Clifton Knolls Executive Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Peebles Island State Park, Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve, and Washington Park.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including St Joseph Catholic Church, St Rita-Sacred Heart Parish, and St Bernard Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,943, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,501, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,404, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12047 has a dense population density of 2,227.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.47%.