Senior Living in 12053 (Delanson, NY)
- 12053 scores the same as the Delanson, NY average of 72.
- 12053 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12053 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Guilderland Center Rehabilitation and E C F, Capstone Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, and Van Allers Adult Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, Briar Creek Golf Course, and Whispering Pines Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Christman Sanctuary, George Landis Arboretum, and Plotter Kill Nature Preserve.
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Princetown Evangelical Presby, Esperance United Methodist Ch, and Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,844, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,411, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,134, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.48%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12053 has a very sparse population density of 74.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.19%.