Senior Living in 12054 (Delmar, NY)
- 12054 scores the same as the Delmar, NY average of 79.
- 12054 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12054 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, St Peter\'s Hospital, and Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including NRP National Retirement Partners, Atria Delmar Place, and Capital District Ddos.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 122 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Skene Valley Country Club, Normanside Country Club, and Colonial Acres Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, Cornell Cooperative Extension, and Washington Park.
- There are 154 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Bethlehem Lutheran Church, and St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,999, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,255, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,740, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.96%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12054 has an average population density of 1,095.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.18%.