Senior Living in 12056 (Duanesburg, NY)
- 12056 scores the same as the Duanesburg, NY average of 82.
- 12056 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12056 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Ellis Hospital, Sunnyview Hospital And Rehabilitation Center, and Conifer Park.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Guilderland Center Rehabilitation and E C F, Capital Living Nursing and Rehabilitation Centres, and Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, Briar Creek Golf Course, and Whispering Pines Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Christman Sanctuary, Plotter Kill Nature Preserve, and Great Flats Nature Trail.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including Princetown Evangelical Presby, Messiah Lutheran Church, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,527, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,135, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,552, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12056 has a sparse population density of 128.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.98%.