Senior Living in 12059 (East Berne, NY)
- 12059 scores the same as the East Berne, NY average of 78.
- 12059 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12059 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Guilderland Center Rehabilitation and E C F, Atria Guilderland, and NRP National Retirement Partners.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Albany Country Club, Colonie Golf & Country Club, and Orchard Creek Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Emma Treadwell Thacher Nature Center, John Boyd Thacher State Park, and Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- There are 123 churches nearby, including Voorheesville First United, Frone John A, and St Matthew\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,123, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,587, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,328, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.47%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12059 has a very sparse population density of 62.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.47%.