Senior Living in 12060 (East Chatham, NY)
- 12060 scores the same as the East Chatham, NY average of 82.
- 12060 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12060 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Berkshire Medical Center Inc and Austen Riggs Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Louis F Payn Foundation, High Pointe at Chatham Senior Apartments, and Woodland Adult Family Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Winding Brook Country Club, Burden Lake Country Club, and Meadowgreens Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Berkshire Community College, Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, and Berkshire Botanical Gardens.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Grace United Methodist Church, R & E May School, and Nassau Reformed Church Office.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,479, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,051, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,176, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.24%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12060 has a very sparse population density of 43.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.80%.