Senior Living in 12062 (East Nassau, NY)
- 12062 scores the same as the East Nassau, NY average of 72.
- 12062 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12062 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Ludder\'s Country Home, Eddy Alzheimer\'s Center at Hawthorne Ridge, and Eddy Senior Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Burden Lake Country Club, The Green Country Club, and Private Course at Evergreen Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cherry Plain State Park)..
- There are 21 churches nearby, including R & E May School, Nassau Reformed Church Office, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,888, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,531, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,650, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.21%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12062 has a very sparse population density of 61.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.42%.