Senior Living in 12075 (Ghent, NY)
- 12075 scores the same as the Ghent, NY average of 76.
- 12075 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12075 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Whittier Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center, Woodland Adult Family Home, and Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Meadowgreens Golf Course, Columbia Golf & Country Club, and Winding Brook Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, Hudson River Islands, and Olana State Historic Site.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Slater James H and Ward Henry J).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,213, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,772, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,921, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.53%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12075 has a very sparse population density of 87.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.50%.