Senior Living in 12077 (Glenmont, NY)
- 12077 scores the same as the Glenmont, NY average of 84.
- 12077 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12077 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Albany Medical Center Hospital, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Capital District Ddos, Bethlehem Commons at Good Samaritan Village, and Good Samaritan Senior Apartments.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 197 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Colonial Acres Golf Course, Capital Hills at Albany, and Normanside Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Lafayette Park, Washington Park, and Townsend Park.
- There are 212 churches nearby, including St Michaels Chapel, Mt Moriah Ministries, and Solid Rock Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,647, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,802, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,662, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12077 has an average population density of 619.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.89%.