Senior Living in 12078 (Gloversville, NY)
- 12078 scores the same as the Gloversville, NY average of 58.
- 12078 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12078 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nathan Littauer Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Nathan Littauer Hospital Nursing Home, Fulton Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and Wells Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Kingsboro Golf Club, Holland Meadows Golf Course, and Pine Brook Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Kingsboro Assembly of God, Adirondack Baptist Church, and African Methodist Episcopal.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,309, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,715, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,456, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12078 has a sparse population density of 219.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.44%.