Senior Living in 12084 (Guilderland, NY)
- 12084 scores the same as the Guilderland, NY average of 82.
- 12084 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12084 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including St Clare\'s Hosp Of Schenectady, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Our Lady of Mercy Life Center, Atria Guilderland, and Teresian House Center for ELderly.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Red/White Course at Western Turnpike Golf Course, Pinehaven Country Club, and Hiawatha Trails.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Tawasentha Park, Albany Pine Bush Preserve, and Fort Hunter.
- There are 157 churches nearby, including Saint Boniface Episcopal Church of Guilderland, Hamilton Union Presbyterian Ch, and Grace Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,867, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,929, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,972, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12084 has an average population density of 1,184.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.39%.