Senior Living in 12085 (Guilderland Center, NY)
- 12085 scores the same as the Guilderland Center, NY average of 78.
- 12085 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12085 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Guilderland Center Rehabilitation and E C F, Our Lady of Mercy Life Center, and Atria Guilderland.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including French\'s Hollow Fairways, Pinehaven Country Club, and Red/White Course at Western Turnpike Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Tawasentha Park, Fort Hunter, and Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- There are 78 churches nearby, including Helderberg Reformed Church, Helderberg Reformed Church, and Hamilton Union Presbyterian Ch.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,693, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,293, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,892, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12085 has a dense population density of 2,721.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.24%.