Senior Living in 12086 (Hagaman, NY)
- 12086 scores the same as the Hagaman, NY average of 74.
- 12086 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12086 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Mary\'s Hospital At Amsterdam and Amsterdam Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Wilkinson Residential Health Care Facility, Capstone Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, and River Ridge Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course, Galway Golf Course, and Antlers Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Pop\'s Lake Campground)..
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Galway United Methodist Church, United Presbyterian Church, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,261, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,724, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,050, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.58%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12086 has a sparse population density of 307.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.63%.