Senior Living in 12087 (Hannacroix, NY)
- 12087 scores the same as the Hannacroix, NY average of 76.
- 12087 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12087 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverside Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Capital District Ddos.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Sycamore Country Club, Sunny Hill Resort & Golf Course, and Rainbow Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Schodack Island State Park, Hudson River Islands, and Martin Van Buren National Historic Site.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Coeymans Hollow Methodist Church, St Patricks, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,983, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,402, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,866, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.63%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12087 has a very sparse population density of 54.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.68%.