Senior Living in 12090 (Hoosick Falls, NY)
- 12090 scores the same as the Hoosick Falls, NY average of 58.
- 12090 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12090 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including The Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation at Hoosick Falls, Danforth Adult Care Center, and Pine Valley Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Hoosick Falls Country Club, Mt Anthony Country Club, and Waubeeka Golf Links.
- There is 1 park nearby (Grafton Lakes State Park)..
- There are 7 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, First United Church, and Self-realization Fellowship of Shaftsbury.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,277, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,742, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,019, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.28%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12090 has a sparse population density of 109.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.77%.