Senior Living in 12092 (Howes Cave, NY)
- 12092 scores the same as the Howes Cave, NY average of 70.
- 12092 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12092 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cobleskill Regional Hospital and Bassett Hosp Of Schoharie Cnty).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Van Allers Adult Home, Marchand Manor Home For Adults, and Marchand Manor Home For Adults.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, Canajoharie Country Club, and Hillcrest Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hide A Way Camp Sites, George Landis Arboretum, and Full-Tan Sun Club.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Bethany Evangelical Lutheran, Methodist Church, and Reformed Church of Schoharie.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.82% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,921, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,038, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,332, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12092 has a very sparse population density of 87.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.67%.