Senior Living in 12110 (Latham, NY)
- 12110 scores the same as the Latham, NY average of 78.
- 12110 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12110 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Albany Memorial Hospital and Bellevue Woman\'s Hospital).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Colonie, Albany County Nursing Home, and Eddy Village Green.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 51 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 145 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Mill Road Acres Golf Course, Van Schaick Island Country Club, and Schuyler Meadows Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve, Memory Gardens Cemetery & Memorial Park, and Saint Agnes Cemetery.
- There are 95 churches nearby, including St Ambrose Church, Our Lady of Assumption Church, and Lutheran Church-Resurrection.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,816, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,421, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,247, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.99%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12110 has an average population density of 1,492.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.82%.