Senior Living in 12117 (Mayfield, NY)
- 12117 scores the same as the Mayfield, NY average of 67.
- 12117 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12117 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nathan Littauer Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Nathan Littauer Hospital Nursing Home, Fulton Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and Wells Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Holland Meadows Golf Course, Pine Brook Golf Club, and Kingsboro Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Birch Haven Campgrounds and Pop\'s Lake Campground).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Kingsboro Assembly of God, Adirondack Baptist Church, and African Methodist Episcopal.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,655, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,911, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,063, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.76%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12117 has a very sparse population density of 72.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.54%.