Senior Living in 12118 (Mechanicville, NY)
- 12118 scores the same as the Mechanicville, NY average of 71.
- 12118 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12118 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Cook Adult Home, Schuyler Ridge Residential Healthcare, and Beacon Pointe Memory Care Community.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Mechanicville Golf Club, Clifton Knolls Executive Golf Course, and Blue/White Course at Van Patten Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Shenantaha Creek Park and Saratoga National Historical Park).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, Assumption St Paul, and Emmanuel United Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,021, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,303, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,054, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.12%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12118 has a sparse population density of 440.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.83%.