Senior Living in 12121 (Melrose, NY)
- 12121 scores the same as the Melrose, NY average of 87.
- 12121 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12121 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Samaritan Hospital and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Diamond Ridge, and Cook Adult Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 64 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 154 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Troy, The, Brunswick Greens, and Van Schaick Island Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Peebles Island State Park, Grafton Lakes State Park, and Prospect Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Faith Lutheran Church, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and St Augustine Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,960, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,941, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,787, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.05%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12121 has a very sparse population density of 92.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.13%.