Senior Living in 12131 (North Blenheim, NY)
- 12131 scores the same as the North Blenheim, NY average of 66.
- 12131 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12131 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Robinson Terrace, Van Allers Adult Home, and Kirkside of Roxbury.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Stamford Golf Course, Stamford Golf Course, and Shephard Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Nickerson Park Campground Inc)..
- There are 6 churches nearby, including St Catherine\'s Church, St Mark\'s Lutheran Church, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.82% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $32,954, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $18,125, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,556, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12131 has a very sparse population density of 16.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.00%.