Senior Living in 12134 (Northville, NY)
- 12134 scores the same as the Northville, NY average of 57.
- 12134 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12134 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Nathan Littauer Hospital Nursing Home).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Bend Of The River Golf Club, Sacandaga Golf Club, and Brookhaven Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Birch Haven Campgrounds, Pop\'s Lake Campground, and Autumn Moon Campground.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,219, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,141, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,396, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.88%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12134 has a very sparse population density of 18.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.44%.