Senior Living in 12136 (Old Chatham, NY)
- 12136 scores the same as the Old Chatham, NY average of 78.
- 12136 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12136 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Louis F Payn Foundation, and High Pointe at Chatham Senior Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Winding Brook Country Club, Burden Lake Country Club, and Private Course at Evergreen Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Martin Van Buren National Historic Site and Schodack Island State Park).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including R & E May School, Nassau Reformed Church Office, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $139,388, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,250, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $58,682, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.88%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12136 has a very sparse population density of 44.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.15%.