Senior Living in 12138 (Petersburg, NY)
- 12138 scores the same as the Petersburg, NY average of 71.
- 12138 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12138 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Samaritan Hospital and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, and Pine Valley Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Waubeeka Golf Links, Taconic Golf Club, and Hoosick Falls Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Dyken Pond Environmental Center, Grafton Lakes State Park, and Cherry Plain State Park.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Shiloh Assembly of God, St John Francis Regis Catholic, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,806, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,102, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,220, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12138 has a very sparse population density of 39.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.52%.