Senior Living in 12140 (Poestenkill, NY)
- 12140 scores the same as the Poestenkill, NY average of 79.
- 12140 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12140 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Samaritan Hospital, Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus, and Albany Memorial Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Moran Home, Ludder\'s Country Home, and St. Jude Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Brunswick Greens, Country Club of Troy, The, and Wolferts Roost Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Dyken Pond Environmental Center, Prospect Park, and Grafton Lakes State Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Poestenkill Evangelical Luth, St Henrys Church, and Church of the Covenant.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,265, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,853, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,583, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12140 has a sparse population density of 205.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.97%.